Tuesday 24 April 2012

Lip Product Review!

Hello Lovelies ! :)

I have two new products to review for you guys which I purchased along with the Revlon Lip Butters.
The Revlon ColourStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick and Rimmel London Colour ShowOff Lipstick.

First of all the Revlon ColourStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick - Vigorous Voilet.
This product is new to the lip range for Revlon which has the unique formula of a lip gloss but in reality is a lipstick. The colour I own has a buildable colour payoff whether you like the sheer or opaque look. 
One swipe will give you a tinge of colour but the more layers you apply the more visible the colour becomes on your lips.
The finish is predominately matte meaning if you like shine than this might not be the thing for you.
You can set it off with a clear lip gloss for a more glossy feel.
The lipstick formula is considerably long lasting as with each swipe it blends, sets and sinks into your lips meaning the colour will last longer with the staining effect.







Yes the price once again is crazy high at around $26 a tube but hopefully you can snatch it up during a sale or at Chemist Warehouse which always has 15% off Revlon products.

The packaging is simple but not cheap looking with its long test-tube like container and black lid. Just simple.
The colour range is more on the safe side so if you like more neutral, natural, wearable colours than you might like the range they have to offer. I on the other hand like a more diverse range in colours so if there isn't another colour that catches my eye I think I might just stay with the one colour that I own.





Rimmel London Colour ShowOff Lipstick - Tell No One.
The Rimmel London lipstick is truly becoming one of my favourite lipsticks.
The colour is AH-MAZING as it is a more softer, creamier orange compared to the bright neon in-your-face oranges that are popping up in all lipstick lines these days.
Yes it is relatively bright, but it is also very easy going and wearable orange.
The formula is dry and matte.
I do feel that if the product had a bit more moisture built in, this would definitely be an outstanding product
But a little bit of lip balm wont do any harm before applying this lipstick. So layer away.

I feel it to be a bit too bright when swiping on the colour so I dab it on lightly and spread it around, puckering my lips as I go.
The packaging is quite cute with its metallic, shiny casing and RL logo on the top.
 
I've always known that Rimmel London lipsticks have been a pretty unbeatable compared to high end products so I'm definitely going to be trying more. Also with the affordable price, it's pretty hard to miss out on! (Sorry don't remember the price but its between $6-14)

Ciao Lovers :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment