Winter is giving me a hard time this year with dry skin and lips that is constantly screaming for moisture.
I also recently had a bit of a bad skin breakout where my face feels like a mandarin. GROSS.
I have normal to combination skin where my T-zone can get a bit oily but nothing excessive. My skin in general is pretty clean other than the odd spot here and there.
I am not someone who has a routine or sticks by one because frankly I cannot be bothered sitting there layering product after product. I follow the simple cleanse, tone, moisturise. Thats it.
So let me start off with my morning routine.
1. Wash face without any products, just water. I do not see the need to cleanse with any form of cleansers in the morning since its not like I am rubbing my face in anything dirty after my night routine.
2. Toner. At the moment I use the Body Shop Seaweed Clarifying Toner dabbed on a cotton pad and wiped all over the face to fix my moisture level on the skin.
3. Day moisturiser. I am using Lancome Hydrationist. This product is light weight, smells refreshing and sinks into the skin very fast.
4. Suncream. I either use the Face Shop natural Triple Action Sun Cream or my Vitazing tinted moisturiser. If I am applying foundation I will use the Makeup Forever UV Prime SPF 50 PA +++. You always need to protect the skin with your daily SPF. Even if the weather is gloomy I do not miss this step.
5. Make up. I try not to leave the house without makeup. Even if its minimal.
6. Make up setting spray. At the moment I am alternating between my Australis Makeup Finishing Spritz and MAC Fix Plus. I feel this locks in my makeup into my skin and also gives me the final spritz of moisture.
How long does it take you in the morning to get ready?!