Thursday 28 June 2012

Skin care routine - Day

Hello lovelies.

Winter is giving me a hard time this year with dry skin and lips that is constantly screaming for moisture.
I also recently had a bit of a bad skin breakout where my face feels like a mandarin. GROSS.

I have normal to combination skin where my T-zone can get a bit oily but nothing excessive. My skin in general is pretty clean other than the odd spot here and there.

I am not someone who has a routine or sticks by one because frankly I cannot be bothered sitting there layering product after product. I follow the simple cleanse, tone, moisturise. Thats it.

So let me start off with my morning routine.
1. Wash face without any products, just water. I do not see the need to cleanse with any form of cleansers in the morning since its not like I am rubbing my face in anything dirty after my night routine.

2. Toner. At the moment I use the Body Shop Seaweed Clarifying Toner dabbed on a cotton pad and wiped all over the face to fix my moisture level on the skin.

3. Day moisturiser. I am using Lancome Hydrationist. This product is light weight, smells refreshing and sinks into the skin very fast.

4. Suncream. I either use the Face Shop natural Triple Action Sun Cream or my Vitazing tinted moisturiser. If I am applying foundation I will use the Makeup Forever UV Prime SPF 50 PA +++. You always need to protect the skin with your daily SPF. Even if the weather is gloomy I do not miss this step. 

5. Make up. I try not to leave the house without makeup. Even if its minimal.

6. Make up setting spray. At the moment I am alternating between my Australis Makeup Finishing Spritz and MAC Fix Plus. I feel this locks in my makeup into my skin and also gives me the final spritz of moisture.


See. There's not much to my morning routine. I can be ready and out in 10 minutes. (although this depends where I'm headed for the day. If i need more attention to my make up it can take up to 30 minutes. If its just to work than 10 minutes max)
How long does it take you in the morning to get ready?!


4 comments:

  1. Love your skincare routine! ;) I've been wanting to try the Lancome Hydrationist..

    www.cutedumpling.blogspot.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its really good! I love the finish. Makes my skin feel as smooth as a babys bottom haha xx

      Delete
  2. I wash my face every morning with a cleansing product, i think for me, it's necessary! hehe. And of course i always use SPF protection! Sorry to hear about your dry skin! Maybe you should vary your moisturizer? x

    Judy.

    judysbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a product that I bought on ebay that broke me out.
      I threw it out once i realised what it was.

      x

      Delete